Makes 6 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 Spanish chorizo sausages (about 12 oz total), sliced on the bias into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 5 large sweet red and yellow peppers, roasted
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 6 slices (1 inch thick) crusty bread, lightly toasted
- olive oil for drizzling
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chorizo and cook until browned, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook for another minute until golden. Raise heat to high and add red wine. Cook until wine is reduced to glaze.
- Slice the roasted peppers into 1 inch wide strips and add to skillet. Stir in parsley and salt and pepper and stir to combine and heat through.
- Spoon over toasted bread. Drizzle with additional olive oil.
To roast peppers, heat broiler. Coat broiler pan with cooking spray. Cut peppers lengthwise in quarters; remove core and seeds. Brush skin side with oil. Broil 4 inches from heat, with skin facing heat, until blackened and blistered, about 6-8 minutes. Remove to bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Let stand 5 minutes. Peel off skin.