Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in extra-virgin olive oil, drained
- 2 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 lb whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 cup walnut pieces, finely chopped
- 6 oz Gorgonzola dolce, cut into small pieces, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cut tomatoes into thin strips; combine with 3 tbsp of marinating olive oil from the jar and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Cover skillet and sweat (slowly cook) mixture 10 minutes, stirring once or twice, until garlic is tender without browning. Remove tomatoes and garlic with a slotted spoon to a pasta bowl, cover.
- Meanwhile, add spaghetti to boiling water and stir a few times; cook according to package directions. Drain spaghetti, reserving about 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Add walnuts to oil remaining in skillet and cook, stirring constantly on medium-high heat, until nuts are fragrant and lightly toasted, about 3 minutes.
- Add spaghetti to skillet and toss with walnut mixture over medium heat until pasta is hot and evenly coated with walnuts; transfer to pasta bowl. Add Gorgonzola, parsley, black pepper, and reserved cooking water; toss again until cheese starts to melt. Serve immediately.