Makes about 20 strawberries
- 1 lb large strawberries (about 20)
- 3 oz semisweet, milk, or white chocolate, melted
- Toppings: finely chopped pistachio nuts and/or sliced almonds, or sweetened flaked coconut
- Rinse strawberries with cold running water; do not remove stems and/or leaves. Pat strawberries completely dry with paper towels.
- With fingers, hold 1 strawberry and dip into melted chocolate, leaving part of strawberry uncovered. Shake off excess chocolate. Then dip chocolate-covered berry in topping of choice. Place berry on large cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. Repeat with remaining strawberries, chocolate, and toppings.
- Place chocolate-covered strawberries in refrigerator about 15 minutes or until chocolate is set. Strawberries will keep at room temperature up to 2 hours. If not serving right away, refrigerate strawberries up to 4 hours.