- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin steak 3/4″ thick
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 can (14 oz) seasoned beef broth with onions
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4″ tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups fresh or frozen green or red pepper strips
- 4 cups hot cooked rice, cooked without salt
- Slice beef into very thin strips. Mix cornstarch, broth, soy and garlic powder until smooth.
- Stir-fry beef in medium nonstick skillet until browned and juices evaporate.
- Add peppers. Stir cornstarch mixture and add. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Serve over rice.
Tips for extra flavor: Cook rice in beef broth instead of water.