- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 lbs sirloin steak (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a small bowl, mash the butter, garlic, parsley, lemon and 1/2 tsp of the salt with a fork. Roll up in plastic wrap to make a small log. Refrigerate until slightly firm.
- Prepare a grill. Grill the steak 5-6 inches from the hot coals, for 4 minutes on each side for medium rare, or to the desired doneness.
- Slice the steak about 1/2 inch thick. Season with the remaining 1/4 tsp salt and the pepper. Slice the butter log crosswise into rounds. Serve on the steak.