- 1 cup finely chopped flat-leave parsley
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp hot red-pepper flakes
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 (6 oz) center-cut salmon fillets with skin (1 inch thick)
- Combine parsley, 1/3 cup oil, lemon juice, garlic, red-pepper flakes, and 1/2 tsp salt in bowl. Let chimichurri sauce sit while you prepare the fish, or up to 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 500°F. Heat remaining 2 tbsp oil in large, ovenproof skillet, preferably nonstick, over high heat. When oil smokes, add salmon, skin side down. Cook 1 minute, shaking pan once or twice to make sure fillets don’t stick.
- Transfer skillet to oven and roast 5 minutes, or until fish is medium-rare to medium doneness. Sprinkle top of salmon with remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Transfer fillets to plate, skin side up, and serve with chimichurri sauce.