- 1 lb boneless beef round steak, cut 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 tbsp Italian-style tomato paste
- 1 14-1/2-oz can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 16-oz package frozen pepper stir-fry vegetables (yellow, green, and red peppers and onion)
- Trim fat from heat. Cut meat into 4 serving-size pieces; sprinkle lightly with salt and black pepper. In a large skillet, brown meat on both sides in hot oil. Transfer to a 3-1/2- or 4-quart electric crockery cooker.
- In a medium bowl, stir together undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat in crockery cooker. Top with frozen vegetables. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. (Or, cover and cook on low-heat setting 10 to 12 hours).