Makes 4 servings
- 4 5 oz fresh tuna steaks
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp white sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 3 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 4 tsp wasabi
- 2 tsp warm water
- soy sauce to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush tuna steaks on each side with sesame oil, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Combine white and black sesame seeds in a shallow bowl.
- Dip each steak in sesame seeds, thickly encrusting the top, bottoms and sides. Transfer tuna to a nonstick roasting pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked to taste.
- Remove from oven. Mix water and wasabi to make a paste and serve on the side with soy sauce.