- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 (7- to 8-ounce) salmon steaks (about 3/4-inch thick)
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. For the glaze, combine the brown sugar, mustard, and soy sauce in a medium bowl and mix well. For the sauce, transfer 1 tablespoon of the glaze to a small bowl. Add the vinegar and mix well. Set aside.
- Brush the tops of the salmon steaks generously with half of the glaze. Place the steaks, glaze side down, on the grill. Grill until slightly charred on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Brush the tops with the remaining glaze. Turn the salmon over and grill until slightly charred on the bottom and just opaque in the center, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plates and drizzle with the reserved sauce.
Like many fish, salmon can stick to the grill. Using a fish basket can help prevent sticking, but if you don’t have one, add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to the glaze and oil the grill before placing the salmon on it.