- 6 bone-in chicken breasts (about 8 oz each)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 can (14 oz) unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, crumbled, or 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp raisins
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer in a shallow baking dish. Roast until chicken is browned and cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- While chicken is roasting, in a large skillet, combine coconut milk, brown sugar, basil, curry powder, soy sauce and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring for 10 minutes. Whisk in heavy cream.
- Transfer chicken breasts to serving plates. Spoon sauce over and sprinkle each serving with some raisins.