Makes 16 servings
- 1 pkg l lb 7 oz thin crispy crust four cheese pizza crust
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush edges of pizza crust lightly with oil. Drizzle remaining oil evenly over pizza.
- Mix 3 tbsp of the Parmesan cheese and the pepper; sprinkle evenly over pizza. Place pizza directly on center oven rack.
- Bake 20 – 22 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Cut pizza into quarters; cut each quarter into 8 thin sticks. Serve as dippers with salsa, pizza sauce or marinara sauce if desired.
Read Full Post »
- 2 each hot and sweet Italian sausage links (about 10 oz total)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small bell peppers (1 red, 1 yellow), seeded, cut into strips
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 3/4 cup marinara or pizza sauce
- 8 oz shredded Mozzarella cheese
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Cut sausage into 1/2″ thick slices. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add sausages. Cook 4 minutes, tossing several times, until no longer pink on the outside. Add pepper strips and pepper; continue to cook 3 minutes, tossing or until peppers are slightly softened. Remove from heat; let mixture cool.
- Flatten and stretch or roll dough into a 13″ round and transfer to a lightly oiled pizza pan. Spread marinara sauce on dough to within 1 inch of edge. Scatter half the cheese over sauce, then top with sausage mixture; scatter remaining mozzarella on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, and edges of pizza are well browned and crusty, about 10 minutes. Cut into 8 slices.
Read Full Post »