Posted in Breast, Broccoli, Cooking Mixes, Jellies, Main Dish, One-Dish Meal, Onions, Peppers, Rice, Sauces, Stocks/Broths, Vegetables on April 28, 2007|
Leave a Comment »
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth (1 3/4 cups)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts, cup up
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups cut-up fresh vegetables (broccoli, red/green pepper strips, sliced onions)
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Mix cornstarch, broth and soy.
- Spray nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray and heat 1 minute. Add chicken and cook until browned, stirring often.
- Add garlic and vegetables and stir-fry 5 minutes.
- Add cornstarch mixture and marmalade. Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring. Serve over rice.
Read Full Post »
Makes about 6 dozen
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup bottled teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 egg whites
- 2 bottles (2.6 oz each) sesame seeds, lightly toasted (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup red currant jelly
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- Heat oven to 350°F. Coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine chicken cubes and teriyaki sauce in medium-size bowl. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a large, resealable plastic food-storage bag. Lightly beat egg whites in a bowl. Spread sesame seeds in shallow pan. Add chicken, a few cubes at a time, to flour mixture. Seal bag; shake to coat. Dip floured chicken cubes in beaten egg whites. Roll in sesame seeds to coat. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through and instant-read thermometer inserted in chicken registers 160°F.
- Meanwhile, combine jelly, soy sauce and ginger in small saucepan. Heat gently until warmed. Serve with chicken.
Read Full Post »