- 4 cups rigatoni pasta (8 oz), uncooked
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cut into chunks
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, brown sausage in large nonstick skillet; drain. Stir in onions and tomato paste; cover. Cook 15 minutes or until onions are tender and sausage is cooked through (170°F), stirring occasionally. Stir in dressing.
- Toss sausage mixture with pasta. Sprinkle with parsley and cheese.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Beans, Butter/Margarine, Cheese, Herb & Spice Mixes, Main Dish, Onions, Peppers, Red Wine Vinegar, Rigatoni, Spinach, Stocks/Broths, White Wine on May 2, 2007|
Leave a Comment »
- 3/4 lb rigatoni pasta
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large yellow pepper, seeded, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 large red pepper, seeded, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 large orange pepper, seeded, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 can (15 1/2 oz) cannelloni beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 (5 oz) bag baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Bring a large pasta pot of salted water to a boil, add rigatoni and cook about 9 minutes, or until pasta is very al dente (it will finish cooking in the sauce). Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, melt 2 tbsp of the butter in the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 2 to 3 minutes, until fragrant. Add peppers and sauté 3 minutes. Add beans, broth, wine, vinegar, salt and pepper; cover skillet and simmer over low heat 8 minutes, until peppers are tender.
- Uncover; stir in pasta and reserved cooking water. Cover; cook 4-6 minutes longer, until pasta is al dente and sauce thickens slightly. Add spinach; toss until just wilted. Add remaining 2 tbsp butter and 1/4 cup of the cheese, and toss. Transfer to a large pasta bowl. Top with remaining cheese.
Read Full Post »