- 12 large manicotti shells
For the Filling:
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 6 tbsp fresh basil, chopped, or 2 tbsp dried basil
- 1 jar (26 oz) prepared spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13×9″ baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Cook manicotti according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cool water. Dry manicotti on paper towels.
- For filling, in a medium bowl, mix 3 cups mozzarella with ricotta and basil. Using a tsp, carefully stuff manicotti with cheese mixture.
- Spoon 2 cups spaghetti sauce in prepared baking dish. Arrange stuffed manicotti over sauce. Pour remaining sauce over top. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake manicotti for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake for 10 minutes longer. Serve immediately.
Read Full Post »
- 1 container (16 oz) cottage cheese
- 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 20 jumbo pasta shells, cooked, drained
- 1 jar (26 oz) spaghetti sauce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix cottage cheese, spinach, 1/2 cup for the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning until well blended. Spoon 1 tbsp of the cheese mixture evenly into each pasta shell.
- Combine spaghetti sauce and tomatoes; spoon half of the sauce mixture into 13×9″ baking dish. Place shells, filled sides up, in baking dish. Spoon remaining sauce mixture over shells. Cover with foil.
- Bake 25 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Read Full Post »