Makes 4 servings
- 4 fresh or frozen rock lobster tails (5 oz each)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh chives
- 1 tsp finely shredded lemon peel
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Thaw lobster, if frozen. Rinse lobster; pat dry with paper towels. Butterfly tails by using kitchen shears or a sharp knife to cut lengthwise through centers of hard top shells and meat, cutting to, but not through, bottoms of shells. Press shell halves of tails apart with your fingers.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan melt butter. Remove from heat. Stir in chives and lemon peel. Remove 2 tablespoons of the sauce; set the remaining sauce aside.
- Lightly grease the rack of a gas grill. Preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Brush lobster meat with some of the 2 tablespoons sauce. Place lobster, meat sides down, on the grill rack directly over heat. Cover and grill for 6 minutes. Turn lobster. Brush with the rest of the 2 tablespoons sauce. Cover and grill for 6 to 8 minutes more or until lobster meat is opaque.
- Heat the reserved sauce, stirring occasionally. Transfer the sauce to small bowls for dipping and serve with lobster. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
To grill lobster on a charcoal grill: Prepare as above except cook tails directly over medium coals for 6 minutes. Turn; brush with remaining sauce and cook 6 to 8 minutes more or until lobster meat is opaque.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Beverages, Condiments, etc., Cream, Herb & Spice Mixes, Jams & Preserves, Lettuces, Lobster, Main Dish, Milk, Papaya, Red Wine Vinegar, Soy Sauce, Steaks on May 20, 2007|
Leave a Comment »
- 1-2 canned chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup strong coffee
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 flank steak (1 1/2 – 2 lbs)
- 4 tsp wasabi powder
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp heavy cream or milk
- 2 cook (2 lb) lobsters, shelled and cut into chunks
- 1 papaya, cut into chunks (about 2 cups)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Boston lettuce leaves
- 8 basil leaves, finely shredded
- Combine chipotle peppers, ketchup, coffee, molasses, red-wine vinegar, and soy sauce in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Pour over steak and marinate at least 1 hour.
- Mix wasabi powder with 4 tsp water and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Combine paste with mayonnaise and cream.
- Light the grill. Remove steak from marinade, season with salt and pepper and grill5-7 minutes per side or until desired doneness, brushing with additional marinade. Remove steak from grill; let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Place a lettuce leaf on each of four plates. Top with lobster and papaya, then spoon on wasabi mayonnaise and shredded basil. Slice steak across the grain and add to plates.
Read Full Post »