- 1/2 cup sifted cake flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- confectioners’ sugar
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven 400°F. Grease 15x10x1″ jelly roll pan. Line bottom with waxed paper; grease paper. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt into piece of waxed paper.
- Beat egg whites in small bowl at high speed until soft peaks form. Beat in 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, until stiff peaks form. Beat yolks, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla in another small bowl until thick and fluffy.
- Fold in flour mixture, half at a time, with rubber scrapper until completely blended. Fold meringue into egg yolk mixture until no streaks remain. Spread mixture evenly in prepared pan. Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes or until center springs back when lightly pressed.
- Loosen cake around edge with knife; sieve confectioners’ sugar lightly over cake. Cover with paper towel. Invert onto wire rack; peel off waxed paper. Starting at short end, roll up cake with towel. Cool cake completely on wire rack.
- Wash and hull berries; dry on paper towel. Slice into small bowl. Beat cream in another small bowl until slightly thickened. Add confectioners’ sugar, continue beating until stiff.
- Unroll cake carefully. Sprinkle top of cake evenly with sliced berries. Cover with whipped cream spread within 1/2″ of all edges.
- Reroll cake again using towel as guide. Refrigerate until serving time.
Read Full Post »
- 1 bag (10 oz) peanut butter chips
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 6 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted peanuts, chopped
- You’ll need a 13×9″ baking pan lined with nonstick foil to extend about 2″ above narrow ends of pan.
- Melt peanut butter chips and butter in a large bowl in microwave or in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring often, until thoroughly blended and smooth. Remove from heat, add cereal and stir until evenly coated.
- Scrape into prepared pan, spread evenly, then cover with wax paper. Use another 13×9″ pan or heavy book on top to press into an evenly compact layer, then remove wax paper. Place pan in freezer 10 minutes or until firm.
- Melt chocolate chips as directed on bag. Add corn syrup and stir until well blended. Spread chocolate evenly on cereal mixture, then sprinkle with nuts. Top with wax paper and lightly press nuts into chocolate. Remove wax paper; refrigerate pan 1 hour or until firm.
- Lift foil by ends into cutting board. Cut crosswise in 10 strips, then cut each strip into 6 bars.
Read Full Post »