- 1 bag (10 oz) peanut butter chips
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 6 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted peanuts, chopped
- You’ll need a 13×9″ baking pan lined with nonstick foil to extend about 2″ above narrow ends of pan.
- Melt peanut butter chips and butter in a large bowl in microwave or in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring often, until thoroughly blended and smooth. Remove from heat, add cereal and stir until evenly coated.
- Scrape into prepared pan, spread evenly, then cover with wax paper. Use another 13×9″ pan or heavy book on top to press into an evenly compact layer, then remove wax paper. Place pan in freezer 10 minutes or until firm.
- Melt chocolate chips as directed on bag. Add corn syrup and stir until well blended. Spread chocolate evenly on cereal mixture, then sprinkle with nuts. Top with wax paper and lightly press nuts into chocolate. Remove wax paper; refrigerate pan 1 hour or until firm.
- Lift foil by ends into cutting board. Cut crosswise in 10 strips, then cut each strip into 6 bars.
Read Full Post »
Makes 10 cups
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cup Cherrios
- 2 cups Mini Wheats (non frosted)
- 1 cup peanuts or pistachios
- 1 cup thin pretzel sticks
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper (optional)
- Combine cereals, nuts and pretzels in slow cooker.
- Mix melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, garlic powder and red pepper (if desired), in small bowl. Pour over cereal mixture in slow cooker; toss lightly to coat. Cover; cook on LOW 3 hours, stirring well every 30 minutes. Remove cover; cook an additional 30 minutes. Store in airtight container.
Read Full Post »